Thursday, October 18, 2012

Applesauce

This last week mom and I have made a bunch of applesauce.  It's one of my favorite things to can/freeze because it is so easy and everyone loves it.
Morgan turned the sink into apple bobbing.

Love the hat


Morgan "smashed" the sauce for hours

And mom peeled for hours!

Starting to freeze.  I froze more than normal this year b/c I prefer it that way, I love the texture when it's almost thawed.  We'll see if I regret using my freezer space for that!!

2 comments:

  1. Did you try mixing in any other fruits with the apples?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your whole family pitches in for these projects. Wish I would have done more of that....seemed like it was always easier to just let them play and work on my own. :( But did you peel the apples? We never peeled...just quartered and cooked them and put them through the victorio strainer...peels, seeds and all.

    ReplyDelete