Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Aaron, age 6

Happy Birthday, little bud.  It makes me teary to think of my boy turning 6.  I love this little guy so much.  He brings such a unique dimension to the life of our family.  I love that he is inquisitive, tender, sharp, aware, and very, very conscientious.  He asks questions all day long and remembers everything you tell him.  I am looking forward to seeing this guy grow up and what God has for him.  He reminds me much of Steve and I think that's why I love him so.  :)

Aaron is in kindergarden this year and really loves school.  It comes easy for him and he is fun to teach.  He is doing well with his reading and is finally starting to sit and read in his own.  His recent favorite was a short bio about Henry Ford.  Most of his days are filled with playing legos.  He loves, loves, loves to build with them.  He also loves to play with Morgan and Greta, going along with whatever Morgan has set up for them to do.  He is also drawn to golf and baseball though he doesn't get to do too much of that now that we have dark, cold evenings.

Though he is surely not perfect, he is very loving to his younger 2 siblings.  I love that Steve is being very purposeful to cultivate masculinity in him and it sure is catching on.  He is very aware that daddy wants him to protect his sisters and brothers.

I had a nearby park where I wanted to take Aaron's pictures but he did not want to go there.  He made up his mind that he wanted to go take them at the Rails-to-Trails right behind my parents house.  That was just fine with me.  We had such a special time together, I am so rarely with just him.  He's stuck in the middle and when he's alone with someone, it's usually Steve.

We love you so much, Aaron Jeffery.

For the first time, he actually seemed "into" his pictures.  He had different poses he wanted to try and was extremely cooperative.  Though there are not nearly as many as when I do my girls, I think they capture him so well.







This pose was his idea.


When I told him how to pose for this one he said, "Ok, I haven't done one with just my right knee up yet."  Who remembers things like that???




He wanted to do a Statue of Liberty pose.

3 comments:

  1. Happy 6th Birthday Aaron. You certainly are growing so fast and are a very special grandson. We love you.

    Gpa and Gma T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) Birthday, Aaron! I always forget how close in age he and Ronan are. Ronan's birthday is the 2nd -- our babies are growing up so quickly! I love the pictures you got of him. Aaron is such a handsome boy, and what a sweet smile he has! I hope he had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete