I have a dear sweet friend named Jolynn who has been a close friend of mine since high school. We were the maid of honor in each other's weddings. She has been there over the years and listened to my many cries. She knows me and understands me in ways that I don't have to try to explain. She has been a loyal and faithful friend.
We got married just a few years apart and I started having kids before she did. She was always the girl who dreamed of being a mom. It was painful and heart-wrenching to watch her and her husband walk through years and years of unexplained infertility. It was a beautiful and joy-filled day when I heard that they were adopting a little boy. A couple years later they welcomed another little boy into their family. This past winter she again told me they were chosen by a birth mom to receive a baby girl. One week before they got their daughter, Jolynn found out she was pregnant. They went through with the adoption. Come August, they will have a 6 month old and a newborn!!
When Jolynn called me and told me she was pregnant, I think the whole neighborhood heard me scream with excitement. All these years and prayers later...unbelievable.
Jolynn and her family live in Florida so we see each other just a couple times a year when she comes to visit her parents here in Lancaster. I asked her if I could take a few pictures to capture this crazy beautiful time.
This girl. Oh. My. Goodness. I was excited to meet her and knew I would enjoy her. But I wasn't expecting just how much I would just want to eat her up!!! She is so laid back and sweet and precious. Jolynn calls her a little Tootsie Roll, I love it.
![]() |













No comments:
Post a Comment