Thursday, April 7, 2016

My 40th

A couple weeks back I celebrated my 40th birthday.  In some ways it means nothing...but in other ways it's a bit sobering.  How is it possible that I've made it this far in life?  Wasn't yesterday just 1994??

Steve and I had an overnight in Philly to celebrate.  It was so fun to be away and enjoy time alone together.  As we were walking around I told Steve that we needed a picture together to remember our time.  Remember that my husband hates, hates, hates getting his picture taken. Out of the blue he says, "Let's take a selfie in front of Independence Hall." As you can imagine he's not a selfie guy, I think it was his attempt at avoiding me asking a stranger to take our picture!!


The week before my birthday my friend Brenda organized a surprise dinner for me with some of my friends.  It was such a memorable, overwhelming night for me.  My mother-in-law was here for a visit and she told me that her and my mom wanted to take me out for supper.  When we got there I was surprised by a table of my dear friends.  I was shaking and undone most of the evening.  They all went around and shared what they appreciated about me.  I am a fortunate woman to have such dear friends in my life.  My friend Kendra commented that she knew I was distracted because I had hardly eaten my supper.  She knows me well.  I'm definitely not one to leave food on my plate!!

Here are a few phone pics from the night.  Not the best quality pictures but I will cherish them and the memory of that evening for a long time!!





No comments:

Post a Comment