Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Out West 2017: Arlene's Beans

The day we went to Palmer Lake we were trying to decide where to eat lunch. I mentioned to Steve that we drove past a place called Arlene's Beans. It stood out to me because I have an aunt Arlene and you don't hear that name too often.

We checked them out online and the menu looked impressive and authentic. Us Heitlands love our Mexican food so we decided to go for it. Heitland party of 18...no small task. 😜 The food was a-ma-zing. What made it even more special was their restaurant was in the old General Store that Steve went to as a boy. He would ride his bike there and get candy, slushies, and make money off of discarded lottery tickets.

The food at Arlene's was all homemade. Our favorite part was their nacho cheese dip. I'm not normally one for cheese dip...think florescent orange or some sort of Velveeta concoction. But this stuff... white cheese with cilantro. Oh my goodness. We went back a second time and my sister-in-law Keely snapped this pic of us. We INHALED the stuff. I love the look on Greta's face. I think any intruder to this moment would have gotten SMACKED. My kids keep asking me if they think Arlene's Beans will ship us some cheese dip...



No comments:

Post a Comment