Saturday, March 8, 2008

Friends from Burma

We just returned from spending the evening with some friends from
the Pastors College. David is from Burma and is wife Summer is
a Wisconsin native. They live in Burma and are just here for the
year. We had such a great evening together. They cooked us a
traditional Burmese meal, curried meat with vegetables and rice.
I couldn't stop eating! By far one of the best meals I have ever
eaten. For dessert we had green mango (unripe) dipped in salt and
chili powder and some sweet tea. I must say I was a little hesitant
about the green mango but it was quite good.

After supper Summer pulled out her traditional Burmese clothing
and jewelry and my girls had a blast trying them on. I wish I
would have had my camera to get pictures of them.

Here is a picture of David and Summer and their beautiful little
girl, Ellis, taken this past fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment