Friday, September 5, 2008

Life with Greta

Our precious little Greta is now 10 days old. It has been so fun having her even though life has been a little crazy in the adjustment. Thankfully, all my other children adore her and want to smother her with kisses. Even little Aaron just wants to kiss and kiss her.
She has been doing well for me sleep wise. Nights have been short but bearable. She is taking some 3-4 hour stretches which is feels great compared to some nights with my other babies. We have been struggling in the eating and pooping dept. I'll spare you the details but let's just say that she's not doing either one of them very well yet. That's been somewhat stressful as there is only so much I can do there to help her out. Any prayers that you would like to offer up on her and my behalf would be much appreciated.  Tonight I was in the basement folding some laundry and Claudia came down and asked if she could pray for me and Greta.  She held my hand and very sweetly asked God to help me and Greta and that I would trust God in my struggle.  I was so challenged and strengthened by her sweet prayer.  I am doing my best to get to get this figured out but there has definitely been many tears!!  You think it would all come easy with number 4 but I guess that is not the case!!
I wrote a blog post for our church's blog today with a few more thoughts if you want to check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lori, I feel for you! Feeding and pooping problems are the worst...and I've had lots of struggles in this dept. with all 3 of the kids so I know how stressful it is! Hopefully she will get the hang of feeding quickly and that will help her with her pooping issues since its all related!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete