Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine Fun

Valentine's Day is one of those holidays that you love as a kid... and then as you get older you get kind of annoyed at. All this Hallmark hype over what? What are we actually celebrating? I don't know. But anyway, it is a fun excuse to get the kids together and have a party. I planned a little party for the other pastor's kids. All were here but the Weavers. Missed you guys.

Oh, I remember the joy of making my own little box and seeing it full of Valentines.





The mamas. My friends, Grace and Brenda.



After I had planned out little party, we got an invite to another party from another homeschooling mom/friend, Christal. So the kids had a day full of events.

A race of boys against girls, who could pick up the most V-tine hearts with chopsticks.




Handing out the mail


Buds... trouble with a cup full of candy hearts.





Greta and her new friend, Dolly.


Greta loved the Prichard's sit and spin



The whole gang. Notice my absent son. He was a little...obsessed with all the boy toys in the Prichard's basement. They have 3 boys, so Aaron was in his glory, wanting nothing to do with Valentine activity.

4 comments:

  1. Great pics. Our kids love our Sit n Spin toy, too.

    I love the first group pic at your house - Morgan looks SO excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stinkin' Hallmark holidays.

    The story of St. Valentine is pretty cool, though. Think of Valentine's Day as an opportunity to teach the kids some church history and Roman history and read about St. Valentine. Do your older girls like Adventures in Odyssey? They did an episode about St. Valentine. You can listen to it online at whitsend.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you just full of recourses!! I sure sounded like a scrooge in this, didn't I??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a scrooge about Hallmark holidays, too. I tell Joel not to bother getting anything for me for those holidays......he likes that.

    ReplyDelete