Friday, February 18, 2011

I Caved

Yesterday was SO nice around here.  The temp was close to 70 and there was some serious spring fever going around.  We were outside for awhile and I had to keep telling the kids to put their shoes back on.  The girls were begging me to go play in the "stream" that is still flowing down our road.  My first, second, and third response was no.  Claudia got me when she said, "But mom, the snow is almost gone and then there will be no water to play in."  Ok, whatever, get all wet and cold.
Here is "the stream".  It was about 10 inches deep and quite cold.

Gotta love the white, chicken legs.

Yes, nobody washes this poor kid's face around here.

This was about as wet as Greta got.

Aaron was unusually brave.  Up until now he has not been a huge fan of the water, especially if it is cold.  He was drenched from head to toe.


This was my first attempt at a group shot.  "Greta, look at Mommy.  Aaron, stop making faces.  Claudia, get your hair out of your face."  This was about as good as it got.

3 comments:

  1. Jack asked what I'm laughing about and I told him, "Lori Heitland - she's such a good little mom." (Except now they learned that begging works....but I"m sure you explained how as a mom you have a right to change your mind when logical appeals cause you to do so. :)

    And how many different outfits did Greta go through? I see she changed at some point. Brrr. Kids are crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! You are a Great Mommy!!

    MAW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. And my kids look like that ALL the time.....unwashed faces, hair hanging all over, wet clothes, tongues sticking out, etc.

    ReplyDelete