My dear husband has been a bit swallowed up lately by the church building. Lord-willing, in just a few weeks it will be wrapping up and his work in overseeing the construction process will come to an end. It's been a very intense and demanding year for him in that regard.
I tease him a lot, telling him that he's loosing it, he's a space cadet, etc. His response is that I have no idea the amount of details going through his head. When I peek over his shoulder while he's doing e-mails or listen to his phone vibrate over and over, I know I'm seeing just a tip of the iceberg.
Anyway, all that to say he's been a bit out of sorts these last few months. Last night we had been asleep for about an hour and I heard one of the kids stirring in the hallway. The 'stirring child' was crying, a bit scared and fearful of some things. I was about to respond firmly to them to go to bed and stop thinking about stuff now, it was not the time to talk. Steve lovingly called the child over, listened to their tears and concerns, talked them through it, even quoted scripture. 'Stirring child' was all better and went back asleep.
I've been thinking about this interaction all day today. I love my husband and one of the things I love about him is that he is a tender dad. Even in the midst of his sleep, he was willing (and quite able) to lead our crying child to peace. Can I dare call him super-dad?
I've had this photo for awhile now and hesitated to post it but I think it fits what I'm sharing today. We had a very sad girl one day and Steve was comforting her, talking her through it. I couldn't resist a photo of the sweet moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I don't know what I would do without my dad--he has comforted and counseled me so many times! I am very glad that your girls are similarly blessed. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful on so many levels. What a sweet tribute to your husband, Lori.
ReplyDeleteI love this photo, Lori. Thanks for sharing it. And, thanks for sharing this post... (Lane responds similarly to Steve.) Our husbands' responses are both encouraging and convicting to me.
ReplyDelete