Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Josiah's Room

When I was expecting baby #5, I had a desire to do something to our nursery.  For years I have had the same colors and accessories in there and I wanted something different though I really didn't want to put much money into it.  I'm happy to finally have a little bit of something going on in his room.
For Josiah's Christmas present, my mom painted his room.  I wasn't real happy with the color I had picked.  It was supposed to be light gray but it has a bit of a lavender hue to it.  Grr...  I'm liking it better now that I have different colors in there.

Name sign made by my cousin, Shannon.  I love how this looks in his room!  I got the orange paint free at ACE hardware.  

Yard sale frames and pictures taken by me.  Crooked frames and crooked lamp shade.  I am a decorating disaster.

This was going on underneath me as I took pictures.  Rug is from a yard sale.  It's not my favorite but it adds a little something to the room.

Yard sale Pottery Barn shelf.  The canvas is my little attempt at getting crafty.  And the most expensive thing in the room after buying all the supplies!  And the newest addition, my owl made by Claudia!!

I LOVE HIM!!  Great job, Claudia!!

I've been looking and looking for some sort of quilt to lay over his bed that would match.  One night when I was laying in bed, I remembered that I had this afghan buried in the basement.  It was made by my Grandma Rudy years and years ago.  I have always hated it, the orange and gray were so ugly to me but I didn't have the heart to get rid of it.  I never in a bazillion years would have thought I'd be decorating with this thing!!  But I actually really like it!!  And like cuz Shannon pointed out to me, it's Chevron pattern. Who knew that Grandma Rudy was so trendy???

Yard sale laundry basket.  I love this!!

Aunt Beth, do you remember this dresser?  I salvaged it from your garage, it used to be bright yellow!


3 comments:

  1. Love it all. It's so fun when things that you just "find" all come together. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet nursery! It has come together nicely. I love the owl, Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I love the afgan. Unbelievable it works. I remember it, I don't know why, but I do. I think she even had one that was brown and cream that was chevron too.
    The dots are so good! You did a great job. I do like it without the lines, looks just as good.
    And CLAUDS! Great job on the owl. I would love one, and I would pay you. :-) You could start making them for your grandmas craft shop. I am sure you'll make something. Owls are in!

    ReplyDelete