Sunday, September 2, 2012

Claudia's 12

Yesterday was the conclusion of our annual summer birthday madness.  Our sweet Claudia turned 12.  It is really hard for me to believe that.  Even though I know she's still just a kid, 12 just sounds much older.

Our girl is getting so mature in so many ways.  She's approaching me in height, I'm certain it won't be long until she's taller than me!

One of the ways that I have appreciated Claudia's growth is in her humility.  She is very quick to apologize if she is disrespectful or unkind.  She wants to relate well to others and listens well to our counsel.  She is not content to just cruise by in life, she's asking lots of hard questions and I'm grateful she has a daddy who knows those hard answers!!  :)

Claudia is lots of fun to have around, she loves to talk and is always interested in what others are doing.  She has a real sensitivity to others and is so often doing thoughtful things.  It is fun to see her gifts developing as she is getting older.  She is crafty and organized and super tech savvy, she certainly did not get any of that from me!!  She's often teaching me stuff about the computer.  She is very competent in many things around the house.  I look forward to seeing her continue to grow and learn.

I love having Claudia as my oldest girl.  Happy 12th, sweetie!!






















5 comments:

  1. 12 does sound old! and Claudia looks so grown up!! such a beautiful girl! love the photos!

    how do you handle all of those bdays at once, Lori?!?!?! and w/ school starting!?! bless you.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia. What a sweet girl you are becoming. I do enjoy talking with you and being around you. You will be more part of the girl conversations sooner than we know it. :-)
    My fav poses are the ones with you are in the flower shirt. The lighting, Lori is just magnificent and the shirt Claudia is definitely your color. haha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia, you sure are turning into a pretty young lady. It's fun to interact with you and to see your interested in all the "handywoman" things like sewing, cooking, crafting, and etc. Love you.

    Gma T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures made me cry...what happened to that little pudgy baby dressed up like a frog? Claudia, you are a true beauty..inside and out. Happy birthday, sweet girl!!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Love you

    MAW

    ReplyDelete