Saturday, September 22, 2012

Gettysburg

This week allowed us a bit more family time. We took an overnight and went to Gettysburg.  Steve has been wanting to go there for awhile and my mom got us a pretty banging hotel discount so it was a win-win.
Steve and I both knew that we would be overwhelmed with that to see and do while in Gettysburg so we adopted the motto that less would be more.  We kept it pretty simple.  Toured the museum and then walked around one of the small battlefields.  There was much to take in there and the kids seemed to understand and appreciate what they were seeing (to varying degrees, of course.  Greta asked me, "Why all these people fighting?  Try explaining that to a 4 year old.)
The weather was simply beautiful and it was a fun time as a family.  I told Steve I think he was born to be a tour guide.  He loved explaining everything to the kids.








This sweet girl was particularly moved by the realities of what she was seeing



I couldn't have asked them to line up more perfectly!


This is what little Mr. thought of the battlefield tour.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED Gettysburg when I was a kid! My parents took us there like 3 times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toby is also the tour guide of the family. He remembers EVERYTHING he reads or hears about places he's visited and loves to pass it along to family and friends. I, on the other hand, remember nothing. =)

    ReplyDelete