Both of these pictures are phone pics so that quality is not that great. But I love them for what they are...
This past Sunday was so beautiful. I called my dad (who was home alone) to see if he wanted to go hiking with the older girls. It ended up him and I and all the kids! We had a fun time, one last horrah before the cold. This picture is funny for a number of reasons. Greta did not want to be in it, hence the sad face. Also, it took my dad and I both some time to figure out what Josiah was doing in this picture. Looks like he's about to fall out!!
After the hike we went to Willow Valley to visit my mom for our "last supper". Willow Valley is a local restaurant/hotel/bakery that was started with my dad's family. My mom has worked since before I was born and I worked there for many years before I was married. I have many great memories of W.V. Sad to say, they closed their doors this weekend. It will be missed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I am on both ends of emotion. Laughing out loud over and over again and tearing up.
ReplyDeleteThe first picture is the best. I'm laughing at Dan with Josiah on his back. THat is just so funny to me. And Josiah's position of timing when you clicked to take picture. What a great memory Lori you with your Dad and kids. I treasure those special dates with my dad.
And then you all get fancied up for the dinner.
It's sad to me to know the restaurant is closing. Not because I loved it (which I did enjoy their food), but because of your mom's dedication to that restaurant.