Friday, July 19, 2013

Published!!

If you ask Claudia what she wants to be when she grows up, the answer is: a writer.  You know someone loves to do something when they spend their free time doing it.

Over the past 2 years, Claudia has spent hours and hours writing a book.  There is a website that she has been working with that if she finished her story by a certain date, they would give her 5 free copies of her book.  This was very motivating to her!

Just a few weeks back, she finally finished her book!!  I must say I was extremely impressed when I read it.  I am not a writer, esp. of fiction stories.  I'm very proud of her and all the energy and hard work she has put into her story to see it through to the end.

Once the book was published, they put it on Amazon to be up for purchase.  We listed it at the lowest possible price.  If you would like a copy, she does get a small amount of the profit!!

Here is the link to her story:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Girl-Names-Claudia-Heitland/dp/1490584307/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374239811&sr=8-1&keywords=the+girl+of+2+names+%2B+claudia+heitland

8 comments:

  1. Very impressed. I'm going to get this book the next time I order from Amazon and Claudia is going to autograph it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. Abby also loves writing and has started several books. I'm going to show this to her-she'll be very inspired to see someone else close to her own age has been published. She's asked us if we can publish one of her books when she's finished, but I wasn't sure how to. Congratulations Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you're a millionaire author, don't forget where you got your inspiration. I recall co-authoring a short story with you years ago, Tales From the Sea with Olly the Octopus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Claudia! That is great! You're a published author now. :)

    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have that first handwritten copy of Tales from the Sea with Oily the Octopus.

    gma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your book Claudia (and thanks for the autograph) it will be treasured!!

    MAW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm ordering one right now! I think I am going to have to try this thing out. :)

    - Margaret Sensenig

    ReplyDelete