I've been thinking the past few weeks about how much this little dude has changed our lives. Most of the time when I post on my blog I am posting about the funny or cute things. And trust me, Josiah sure is funny and cute. But he also is quite a bit of a crab. I'm not sure how many of this exact picture I have taken:
It captures something about this stage of life that I know will not last forever. Having older ones really gives me the confidence to get through these tougher phases because I know for a fact that they do not last forever.
All my kids have gone through their grumpy times, but this little guy seems to have a pretty big case of it. If my memory serves me right, all of my kids have been happy kids. I even had a friend tell me recently, "Your kids all seem so happy!" But there is just something a bit different about Josiah. He is unhappy...a lot. I'm not sure what to make of it. He spends a lot time on my hip b/c that is what often makes him happy. Many times I am glad to hold him, but on the other hand, having him on my hip for hours of the day really hinders what I am able to accomplish. There are days when his disposition can really wear me down.
I am trying to figure out life with this little grumpy pants. What pleases him one day does not please him the next. Some days he loves to play with his siblings and the next he wants nothing to do with them. I often wonder what part of his personality is on display here. He's certainly not my most stubborn or willful child, though of course he is both of those things. I do know that he does not like extra attention and is NOT a social butterfly. He just seems to feel safe in the confines of who and what he knows. One interesting thing about him that is very different from my other kids is that he is a super snuggler. I have never had a child as affectionate as he is. He loves to kiss and loves to lay his head on your shoulder. It's quite dear.
As much of a stinker as he has been lately, it sure has been a fun year in regard to seeing him grow into a little boy. Just yesterday they were paving the road out in front of us and he was totally fascinated by all the trucks. His favorite words are, "honk honk, beep beep, and wee-ooh wee-ooh." A bit ago he wanted a snack (made that known by yelping towards the fridge). Snack of his choice? Chipped ham and homemade croutons. Yes, he is opinionated!!
I am grateful to be in this place as stretching and difficult as it can be at times. I am learning patience, endurance, and how to manage things when they don't go as I think they should. This mom journey sure is quite the ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Even though this shot is something we don't enjoy to hear for an extended time. Wear on your patience. But he is one cutie!
ReplyDeleteHis eye lashes, his hair color, and the photographer catching this shot and the brightness on his face turned out so good!