Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Out West 2017: Kansas on the Road

Steve and I have traveled a lot over the years, especially in the early days of our relationship.  Back in the day you would go to AAA to get your maps, buy a Lonely Planet travel guide for a new city or county, or just wing it. Traveling with Google Maps is a whole new deal. Ok, I know it's not 'new' but it kind of is to me. I haven't traveled in awhile. :)  We were looking for breakfast and were literally in the middle of nowhere Kansas. Google Maps led us to the cutest little cafe right off the highway that had good reviews. I won't say it was the best breakfast or coffee that we have ever had but we got to see a small town and enjoy a place that we never would have found on our own.


From the iPhone:

These 2 were unintentionally twinning it



I love how happy Josiah is in this picture

Waiting on our breakfast


This picture does not capture the beauty of this moment. I was driving and Steve was sleeping. Blue sky, Midwest windmills, and the train hauling along beside us. It was gorgeous.

This beautiful field was along the highway. Truly breathtaking.
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment