| Backseat shenanigans |
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Out West 2017: Texas
As we drove through the Northwest corner of Oklahoma into New Mexico, Steve noticed on the map that we could enter a tiny little corner of Texas. I was doing a bit of whining not wanting to go too far out of the way. As we got closer he kept telling me, "It's really not that far out of the way. I want the kids to be able to say they went to Texas." Turns out we needed to turn off the highway onto a road, looked more like a driveway, that was called Texline Road. That 100 feet stretch of road took us into Texas. We stopped the car, looked out the window and explained, "Here's Texas!" And kept driving...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's hilarious! When we drove from NM to WI this summer, Jerrid insisted we take a detour so that we could cut through the corner of Nebraska so that the kids could count it. I felt the same way you did. ;)
ReplyDelete