Saturday, July 5, 2008

That's one way to do it...

I am extremely indecisive when it come to making certain types of decisions. One of those areas would be decorating. For years now I have been saving and have had a "new couch fund". We have needed new living room furniture and I just have not been able to make up my mind about what I want. Steve had off yesterday for the holiday and we decided to go to 2 furniture stores that are pretty close to our house. Add in there, Aaron had thrown up the night before and other than throwing up a few times he was chipper and normal. By lunch we thought he was recovered... so off we went on yet another furniture adventure. Hit one store, had lunch and hit another. We saw a set that caught our eye. Steve is extremely decisive about these kinds of things and knew right away that he liked it. It was a good deal, love seat and couch, just like we had been talking about. I was just a little uncertain about the color.

Steve took the kids and I was sitting there looking at it, examining the fabric, shapes of the cushions and all. They came back after awhile and as we were sitting there still talking it through, all of a sudden I look up and see Aaron THROWING UP all over the chair and a half and ottoman that were with the set. You can only imagine my horror... I spent the next 15 mins. in tears of embarassment getting this all cleaned up. Then it dawned on me, the people who own the store can not sell this set!!
"Bargain corner, this one marked down b.c of vomit cover".

So after much drama and tears on my behalf, we now own a brand spanking new living room set, much more than we ever needed or can fit in our living room, but it's ours. Vomit and all. That's one way to make a decision...

5 comments:

  1. It sure is! (One way to make a decision, I mean.) I'm sure it was very stressful, but it sounds like you ended up with some great furniture. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I'm sorry. I'm just trying really hard not to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lori. I actually, and sadly, have a very similar furniture story I'll tell you sometime, doesn't involve vomit, but lots of tears on my part! Hope you're doing well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am so sorry. But after all that, let's see the set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We wanna see a picture! Both of us were laughing...hard! - though we would not have been in the moment...surely. :)
    You ARE the bargain hunter of the century!
    We all miss y'all.

    ReplyDelete