Monday, January 26, 2009

Trenches

Nothing fun to post on this evening... just a few days of sick kids and not much sleep. I am thankful that we have had a pretty healthy winter so far. Aaron and Morgan are a little under the weather with some bad coughing and potentially an ear infection.
Life as a mom is sure crazy and busy and stressful and infuriating and invigorating all at the same time. I have my days where I think I could turn all my kids in... and then the next day I am in tears about how grateful I am to have them all. It is definitely an exhausting job on all fronts: physically, mentally, and nothing makes me run to God for mercy, wisdom and strength like a day with them.
All this to say... this is definitely a hard season that I am in, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love that my baby is so stinkin' cute and smells good no matter how many days it has been since she has last been bathed, I love the way Morgan hugs me and is so sweet, I love that Aaron can sing Amazing Grace, spell his name, and knows who the President, VP, and Sec. of State are. I love how my Claudia is so observant of me and those around her and is so fun to talk to and laugh with. Thank you, God for the amazing gift of these children. It is a humbling privilage to care for them.

1 comment:

  1. You do have some great kids! Thank you for being honest and saying what every mom feels at times. I, just the other day was looking at my kids and just in awe of God at the blessing he has given me.

    I miss you all, by the way. It's been too long since I have spent the mornings with you.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete