Wednesday, April 22, 2009
The Exchange
I spent my afternoon doing one of the jobs I dread most... the seasonal clothing exchange. I usually put it off as long as possible, but I had a little chunk on time today so I tackled it. It gets a little overwhelming to be constantly keeping track of 4 kids clothing needs. And there are all the decisions to be made while doing the switch out... Will this fit her next year? Will she like this next year? Will this fit her next week? Does she really need 4 pairs of jean capris? Do I want to save this for Greta? Do I save it, consign it, or give it away? Then there are all the things you find during the switch out. What is under your bed? We may as well change your sheets to the summer ones... when was the last time you we washed your quilt? Uggh. It is a never ending process and I really am only about halfway done!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh yes, that lovely process. I just finished it about a month ago. What a relief it is when that is finished......until the next time anyway.
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate to this! I haven't tackled the great seasonal switcheroo yet, I just keep running up to the attic and grabbing a few things out of the next bin.... becky howell
ReplyDelete