This past weekend Steve finished the last "big" item left on the list. He installed and grouted the tile backsplash in the kitchen. A few weeks back, he got his final inspection in the garage (fire wall) and from the "official" end of things, we are done and completed. The township permit is in the garbage!!
My sweet husband has worked so hard. I am so impressed with his vision to turn our home into what it is. He saw what we needed and made a way for it to happen!! He sacrificed much over this past year. Really, he worked 2 full time jobs, his days at church and then every spare moment on the house. He lost sleep and had very little leisure over these months. Thank you, Steve, for all that you have done for us. I love what you have done...and I love you!!
I am kicking myself for not taking better "before" pictures. I kept telling myself that I needed to do it, but then some sort of destruction would happen and the time was passed. I was searching back and found the best that I had. Here's a few...
This was our driveway and front door entrance.
Same view now. On this side of the house is the new living room and above it a bedroom for the girls.
New view. Coming this direction is the garage.
The one pic that I'm really bummed that I am missing is the view when coming in from the original front door. This was taken after Steve knocked the wall out. The wall separated my kitchen and living rooms.
This was taken from the other direction pre-wall being knocked out.
Mid-construction
view today
also mid-construction
View looking in from new living room. This door way was my original front door and where the island is was the wall.
New backsplash. I'm loving it.
Got some new baby boxwoods. We have a looooong way to go on our landscaping but it's fun to have a little start!
All we have left is a few of the windows that got replaced during the remodel. They need trimmed and all my rooms will need to be repainted. This will take some time I'm sure. Aaron is anxious to move into the girls old room and have his big boy bed (he's still in a toddler bed.) Gotta pick the paint and get it done. Maybe by next year??


Wow! The back splash is SO good! The color you guys choose is perfect. It's amazing how back splashes make a statement. Hmm...I may be looking into that! :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to believe that it has only been a year. From all the work you did it seemed like it was longer.
Steve did an amazing job. His sacrifice was huge. I think too you sacrificed a lot too. Living in a home not complete all the while homeschooling your children. Releasing your husband to the projects while you take care of meals, caring for your kids, cleaning, etc. You served your husband well Lori. It has been an example to me.
You also cared for the people that helped in multiple ways. From meals to beds to sleep in, to drinks while they work.
I am excited for both of you that know you can sit in your new living room watch the kids play and relax.
HOLY COW!!!! I seriously hardly recognize the house now. It's amazing to see the "before" pictures, the way we saw the house when we visited, and the way it looks now. It. Is. Beautiful!! And it's amazing to think it was all basically a DIY job ... with much help from friends and family, I know ... but you know what I mean. That's incredible. I love it, and I look forward to seeing it in person someday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a difference in a year! I am wishing I'd have seen your house before, although I did see some of it during. These pics are great. Amazing job Steve and Lori! It really is quite a feat that you've accomplished.
ReplyDeleteLove the backsplash!! The color looks great with your counters. I like how it it adds a little mod into the more shakerish style! If I were to take down my waincoting, that would be one style of tile that I would consider. Looks great!
ReplyDelete