Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Bops
If you have hung out with our family for any length of time, I'm sure you have heard us refer to Morgan as "Bops". She's had that nickname ever since she was just months old. She has always known how she got the nickname, but it was just recently that I unveiled the "whole" story.
She was born in '02 and back then the boy band "Hanson" was still popular. We were in Iowa, spending the weekend at my mother-in-law's house. While hanging out with the kids, Ashley (Steve's sister who was about 10 at the time) and I began to sing Hanson's hit song, Mmmbop, to little baby Morgan. We had her dancing all around boppin her around and for whatever reason, "Boppers" stuck that day. Since then the name has taken on many different forms; Boppers, Bops, Boppies, Bopparoni, Flops, Flop-alop-agus, the list goes on. Most often she just gets Bops.
Just a couple months ago I looked for the song on YouTube and showed it to the kids. We often have little dance parties around the kitchen youtubing (is that a verb??) different songs and breakin down. Little Miss Greta is now in love with Mmmbop and it's always her first request. I don't usually let them watch the songs that we YouTube, we just listen. But I had to show them the band. The older girls were a little weirded out by them. Boys, that looked and sounded like girls? But Greta loves to watch her Hanson. Have I created a monster??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Too bad our church doesn't do "special music" during the offering. Your kids could perform Mmmbop...
ReplyDeleteBops - Ashley remembers that Lori, but I don't really. I just know that we have called her that Forever! And it fits sooo well - love you Bops!!
ReplyDeleteMaw & Ashley