I promise this to be my last post about birds, nests, or eggs in a long time. But...I did want to defend myself just a tad to all those who think I am a hater b/c I ripped a nest out of my pansies.
So though I'm not a bird hater, I'm nowhere near a bird lover either. Just like any other creature of nature, I appreciate them but I've never been overly interested in them. My dad, he's a bit into birds. He always has had feeders and known every species that came to his back porch. And my neighbor friend, Abby Odell, she is a bird lover. They go on vacation to watch and trap birds and such. BOTH ABBY AND MY DAD TOLD ME TO REMOVE THE NEST. There, I said it. I'm shifting blame to those who love birds more than me.
Whenever my dad comes over he does a tour of the bird boxes that he has put up on our property. The other day he and the kids found 4 nest with eggs or live birds in them. Though these pictures are not impressive, they show the variety of life at our place.
And the little egg that was in my pansies...it's been deserted. Mama ain't coming back for her baby. I think we scared her away.
 |
| Chickadee nest. Their eggs are very beautiful and petite. |
 |
| A robin's nest and an egg in a tree |
 |
| Bluebird babies. Not a very captivating shot of them b/c they were sleeping. |
 |
| Robin's nest with 3 eggs under the playground. No matter how hard I tried I could not get a reach to get a shot of those eggs. |
No comments:
Post a Comment