Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Today was a wonderful day.  Funny how for me, much of a "good" day revolves around the weather.  I love the warm sunshine!  Last night the girls spent the night at my parent's house and this morning I woke up to my front flower bed completely planted with flowers!  My girls and my parents came over late last night and planted them with a flashlight while I was in bed.  What a fun, sweet surprise.  I asked Morgan if she has fun being a little sneaky elf and she sighed and said, "Oh my, it was sooooo much fun!"

Here are a couple pics I took with the tripod this morning before church.  I love these kiddos and am privileged that they call me mom.


This afternoon while the rest were sleeping/resting, Morgan and I went for a little bike ride.  About 1/2 mile down the road, the chain on my bike popped off.  I've never been very mechanically inclined, knew that I've never had any luck trying to fix and popped chain, still had my white shirt on from church and didn't even want to attempt it.  I was ready to turn around and walk it home and Morgan stuck her little hand in there and got all greasy and popped that chain back on.  I think she's got some different blood than me!!

My parents came over for supper tonight and Steve cooked us a feast.  He made steak and potatoes on the grill, green beans and salad and then some macadamia nut brownies.  Quite impressive and delicious.
Greta after a fall off of the swing

A more glorious moment on the monkey bars


Buds


I am so happy that I am still able to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom.  She is well loved around here!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like the best Mother's Day ever. I LOVE your sneaky flower planting family -- your girlies will NEVER forget doing that! How fun. Enjoy your beautiful new flowers!

    ReplyDelete