One day last week, my Amish neighbor came up our driveway with a wagon full of strawberries. They have tons and tons of produce that they sell to market. Apparently, this batch of berries was sent to market but rejected and returned b/c they weren't in good enough shape. They have had enough of their own seconds and wanted to know if I wanted them. I was thrilled. She brought me 24 quart of berries! For free! There were a few bruises and a teeny bit of mold, but for me: perfect. For days we had strawberry milkshakes and I made lots and lots of jam.
Just so you see a bit of our true colors...Morgan helped me make the jam while Claudia slaved away on a math lesson. When it was time to take the pic, Claudia wanted to hop in. Morgan was not happy b/c Claudia did not help with the jam. I love what pictures I can get when I just keep snapping!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You can share a jar with me!?? Strawberry is my favorite, but the rest of my house eats grape! :-(
ReplyDeleteafter reading that you made strawberry milkshakes, i went ahead and made one today for myself. thanks for the suggestion :)
ReplyDeleteThat last picture is so funny! Made me laugh out loud (sort of, except I don't have much of a voice, but it would have been out loud if I had a voice). Funny kids and a great photographer mom makes for a great blog. Are there contests for blogs? If so, you should enter.
ReplyDelete