Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Girls Beach Trip "11

Last night we returned from our 3rd annual girls beach trip.  This year it was just me and my 2 older ones.  I figure Greta can wait a few years when she can enjoy and appreciate it a bit more.  The girls and I had a great time away, just relaxing and enjoying the water, sun, and sand.  The weather was perfect, hot, breezy and sunny, but not that crazy hot that makes you feel like you are going to melt.  I was a bit under the weather, I have a cold that has been hanging on and now I believe has turned into a wonderful ear infection (self diagnosis. what else to think? My ear is killing me, can't hear out of it, and the whole side of my face hurts, into my jaw and throat.)  On top of that, I am having some wacko pregnancy thing going on in my hip which is making it very difficult to move.  ANYWAY, enough of my woes...we had a good time in spite of my ailments.
The girls love the beach, Claudia was in the water most of the time and Morgan was in the sand most of the time.  They were mostly content to do their own thing.  It was fun to be with just them.  I'm continually amazed at how different they are and they are becoming their own little women.  Before I know it, they will both be all grown up.  I am grateful for this time away with them.



The joys of a drip castle.
 I'm so M-A-D at these pictures.  I wanted to get a nice shot of the 3 of us, but we took too long to eat supper and so it was quite dark by the time we were down.  Didn't help that forgot I had my aperture bumped way up from being in the bright sun, I forgot to turn it back down for these.  Grr...
Waiting for me to set up the camera.

So here is our "nice shot", kind of grainy.  Me at 28 weeks preggo.  I really wanted to get a shot at the beach, but didn't feel like lugging my camera to the boardwalk to get it!!




Mermaid

Not the most flattering shot (reality!!), but his was how I spent my time at the beach.  I did get in the water once with Claudia and taught them the intricacies of building a drip castle, but other than that I was really enjoying my book (Thanks, Krista Winkler!!).


4 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you're enjoying the book! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an ear infection to me. Yuck. So glad you had such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I still love the picture of the three of you, even if it's "dark". In my world, it's a great shot! =)

    2) Love Claudia as a mermaid. So clever and cute!

    3) So, DO you have an ear infection?

    4) Just read "The Help" for the second time before going to see the movie. How did you like it?

    Hope you're well and don't get too much rain from "Irene".

    ReplyDelete