Sunday, June 10, 2012

On being 5...

It's so fun having a little boy around the house.  As different as Claudia and Morgan always were, Aaron is different on a whole new level.  Though his personality reminds us much of Claudia, his interests couldn't be more different.  When I was a mom of just 2 girls, it would always kinda bug me when I would hear people comment about their son, "He's all boy."  I never knew what that meant.  Raising children has convinced me more than ever that God has most certainly created men and women to be different.  I now know what "all boy" means.

I love this little guy to pieces.  He's smart as a whip, doesn't miss a beat, and knows how to get right to my heart.  As much as I love him, he can also be such t-r-o-u-b-l-e.  He's most certainly an instigator with every one of his siblings.  They do love him though and at times can play peacefully with him.

I posted a few weeks back about his stubbornness with his bike.  My mom intuition was telling me that he needed a different spot to ride.  The road in front of our house is either up hill or down.  One night last week, Steve took him and his bike over to the new church parking lot.  He rode like a champ and has been bugging me every day since  to go on a bike ride with him.  Today, Uncle Jeremy built him his first ramp.  It's been so fun to see him finally riding.

For Christmas I got him a Babe Ruth audio book.  He's listened to it dozen of times.  I think him and Greta can both recite the whole book by heart!  Today he said to me, "Mom, Dad told me that Babe Ruth is dead."  He looked down with a very sad face.  "I really wanted to watch him play baseball."  Dear, dear, boy.

If you have spent any amount of time with Aaron, you have been bombarded with his questions.  I've recently compiled a list of just a few of them.  I seriously can't keep track, he's non stop.  Before you read these questions, imagine yourself juggling a baby, cooking supper, and think about how you would answer these...

Why do people make false gods?
How high can you count in Spanish?
Do I ask a lot of questions?  (That one was an easy)
What can God not do?
   Me, wishing I was more theologically minded: I don't know.
   Next question: Can he juggle 400 pumpkins?
Does water have electricity in it?
Can you leave the earth?
Why do grouchy people keep their house messy?

Oh, I love this boy!!


1 comment:

  1. Why do grouchy people keep their house messy? BWAHAHAHAA!!! That's hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete