About a year ago we began talking with Greta that this summer would be her first chance to go with us on our annual girls trip to the beach. Sometime along the way she unknowingly changed the name to the "Girls Day Beach Out Trip". At first we laughed about it and eventually it stuck and we just all began calling it that.
Our trip was planned months ago and when Ashley and Aiden came for a last minute visit to PA, we were happy to have them come along.
Though we all had a great time being together, I must say I am a bit saddened by our trip because it POURED for 2 of our 3 days there. I just love going to the beach, it is so relaxing to me. I have been looking forward to this trip for months and must admit I've daydreamed about the time spent relaxing there. I love everything about the water, the sun, even the sand. The rain was so heavy at times we could hardly see out of the windows of the house we were staying in. So instead of the beach we watched some tv, did some shopping, and just a tad bit of moping; :) (me probably being the worst of everyone!!)
I am very grateful that the first day there we did get some time on the water. It was a tad overcast and did dump on us a bit but other than that it was a perfect day at the beach. If I had known this would have been our only opportunity to be at the water, I would have made us stay until sunset!!
 |
| The girls found SO MANY shells and were so excited about it. |
 |
| Little Mr. had a good nap on the beach in spite of the downpour. Poor Ashley was hovering over him with boogie boards and towels to keep him dry and asleep. It worked!! |
 |
| My sweet girls and our first evening at the boardwalk. I sure do love them. |
 |
| This little girl had so much fun in spite of the rain. She was happy to do whatever. |
 |
| I love this picture that Ashley got with her phone! |
Day number 2 it cleared off and the rain stopped towards the evening. The girls got a little time at the pool and another evening at the boardwalk.
Beautiful girls (& a little man) - at least being together was the most important goal & thank goodness for the mall!!
ReplyDeleteMAW