Friday, May 30, 2008

Peace and quiet... sort of

Things have been a little quieter around here the last few days. Steve unexpectedly had a few days off from class so he decided to take the girls home and spend the time working on a project we have going in the basement. It feels different only having one around. Aaron seems to be a bit higher maintenance without his sisters around to entertain him. I am trying to pack and clean and he isn't necessarily conducive to that!
In only 9 short days we will be officially done with our year at the Pastor's College. We have had a great year in so many ways. Great teaching and new friendships would be the definite highlights. Time has flown... it seems that we just packed up our things to arrive here and now we are headed back. We are looking forward to going home, we have many wonderful things awaiting us there. Our home, our church family, my parents, friends and family, etc. I'm sure it will be a little bit of a tough transition in some ways, things and people are much closer here. The girls have had playmates at their fingertips each and every day. That is not something that we have in Lancaster and I know will be tough on them (and me!!)
Things may be a bit slower here on my blog over the next few weeks as I will be spending much time packing and cleaning, and then unpacking, cleaning, and organizing on the other end.

2 comments:

  1. Isabel is harder to handle when Teya and Ethan aren't around, too.

    I can hardly believe that you guys are almost done there. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excited for your return home lori!!!

    ReplyDelete