Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Diversity

It was just thinking tonight about something that I'm going to miss about living in Gaithersburg... all of the ethnic diversity. I spent most of my day today at home but in the little time that I was out, I met a woman at the pool from Armenia (I even had to ask her where that was!), my girls played with their Ethiopian neighbor friend, and I chatted with my Ukrainian neighbor. I have met people from so many different countries and I find it so interesting. Back in Lancaster the big cultural difference is if you are from Quarryville or New Holland!!

2 comments:

  1. Or here, the extent of the ethnic diversity is:
    "Are you German, Mexican or Scandinavian?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'mon Lori, Lancaster is actually fairly diverse if you look around. We'll have to do some home-schooling field trips when you get back!!
    BUT, I know what you're saying. Cool that you have had lots of interaction with people from so many different places.
    Now, get back here and play!!

    ReplyDelete