I allowed Morgan to have a friend over today to play and then spend the night. She picked her friend, Faith.
I started the day by bribing the girls... I told them if they helped me husk corn I would take them down to the creek. I picked a huge pile of corn from our garden and was very grateful for their help. I have no pics of the creek. 5 kids and water. Sorry!!
The crew at grandma's for supper
Morgan's reaction to Faith's gift
Another WOW reaction to g-ma's gift
Ooing over the American girl magnet set
Funny, funny story about Morgan's cake. I told my mom that I would make a cake for tonight. We were at the beach all day yesterday (pics to come!!) and then today was a crazy day and I didn't have time to make one. I called Steve and asked him to pick one up on the way home. After that, I was having a conversation with mom on the phone and she said, "Oh, don't buy one, there is one in the freezer left from Avery's b-day." (2 cakes were accidentally purchased for that event) We were discussing how we could "soup up" the 4th of July cake that had been in the freezer for a month. We thought we would swirl the icing and make it a tie-dye cake. Well, Steve thought that his little girlie needed her own special cake so he stopped anyway. There wasn't many great options and so we decided to ask Morgan what she wanted: a funky creature cake, flowered cake, a tie-dyed cake, or an American Flag cake?? After pondering for awhile, she decided she wanted a flag cake. My mom and I were in stitches that she picked that, her having no idea that that was leftover cake from a month ago!! She was thrilled. (Thanks for the cake, Miranda!!)
A little dude decided that he needed to join the photo shoot
The girls amazement over this plant that my mom had. It only blooms at night. You can literally watch the whole bush turn into amazing flowers in just a few minutes.
Happy Birthday Morgan!
ReplyDeleteI am happy that I was able to provide the cake :-)
Hope it turned out good.
We will see you all in a few days.
I saw Morgan's name on my calendar yesterday and thought of her. I remember when you guys brought her home......I even remember what you were wearing. How silly is that?!
ReplyDeleteThat cake story is GREAT!!
I love your pictures and your stories. They warm my heart. You are an inspiration to me, Lori. I am so glad that God has given you the privilege of staying home with your children and doing so many wonderful things with them.
ReplyDelete