Thursday, March 18, 2010

25 Things I Love About Lori on Her 34th Birthday



(A surprise guest post by her husband)





1 That she has given me 12 (almost 13) wonderful years together


2 How her nostrils flare when she laughs


3 Her complete lack of insincerity


4 How easy she is to talk with


5 Her genuine interest in others


6 Her deep, unfeigned love for God


7 Claudia


8 Morgan


9 Aaron


10 Greta


11 Her desire for truth, even above ease


12 That she'll still occasionally pull out her "old school" dance moves


13 That she has followed me gladly and faithfully


14 Her model as a wife and mother for our girls


15 Her grasp of the gospel


16 That she'll forget she's 34 in about a month


17 Thousands of shared moments together


18 That she's learning to enjoy coffee with me


19 Her family


20 Her cooking


21 Her laugh--quick, free and hearty


22 Her humility


23 The dozens of songs she's created that use our kids' names or nicknames


24 Her beauty, which has only grown


25 The joy we all experience when she's around





What about you? Anyone else have things to add?






Love you baby,

Steve

15 comments:

  1. I'd say that I love her beauty - inside and out.
    And her sense of humor.
    Happy Birthday, Lori. May God continue to bless you abundantly, more than you could even ask.
    ~Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Steve what a great list. I had to laugh out loud when you mentioned her nostrils when she laughs. Great characteristic!

    Lori, Happy Birthday! I would like to add cooking to the list. I remember that was a struggle for you when you first got married. This new role. Well, you wouldn't think that now. You are creative, health conscience, and wonderful cook.
    I also appreciate how you listen and then give good and Gospel centered insight in my life. I so appreciate your love for me even through my dumbness at times. I am always so excited to see you, you bring great joy.
    I love you, Lori very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your laugh, too, Lori! It's a fantastic laugh...just thinking about it makes me smile.

    I love the example you have been to me in so many different areas throughout the years. From big things like your feisty heart of submission and whole-hearted embrace of biblical womanhood, to little things like having a basket on the floor designated for the kids' library books.

    Your example has pushed me in the right way more times than you know, Lori. I appreciate you and our friendship. I treasure our time in WI.....I just wish we could see each other more now.

    Happy Birthday dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that she is so happy and joyful, can don't forget well put together! (even with all those little kids running around). Her inward beauty far surpasses her outward, but she has that going on too! Lori Freeman

    ReplyDelete
  5. that she is so happy and joyful, can don't forget well put together! (even with all those little kids running around). Her inward beauty far surpasses her outward, but she has that going on too! Lori Freeman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Number 18 means you are getting old Lori.
    Happy Birthday. You are a great Sister!
    I love you
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have to say her ability to see "the diamond in the ruff" She can take virtually anything and turn into something amazing!!!!! You are wise with your money. Also your home is soo warm and inviting! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, I appreciate how you show interest in others, your lighthearted spirit, and your care for your family. I don't know you that well, but those are a few things that first come to my mind.
    I hope you are enjoying a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want to add that for any of you mothers out there who are praying for your children's future spouse - Lori is a testament to the fact that God does answer your prayers. I thank our Heavenly Father every day for you Lori, and your love for your husband (my son) my grandchildren and training them to serve God as well. God's richest blessings in this next year (and hopefully you get something almost as good as oreo cookie dessert for you birthday just like your honey!! Love you all! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her questions. Lori, you are a great question asker, listener, and friend. Happy b-day!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday!! I am so thankful for your example and how you so purposefully and humbly pursue applying the gospel and growing in holiness, by grace alone, even when it's difficult or uncomfortable. I have learned much from your playful spirit and the great questions you are so faithful to ask.
    love,
    g

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...can't believe 34 years ago we welcomed a beautiful, chubby, black hair girl to our small family. Where did the years go? You have grown into a wonderful
    woman, mother etc. that we are certainly honored to say you are our daughter. You amaze us how you have taken on the ability to homeschool and teach your children well and still manage to have a well run household. God has blessed us with a loving, kind, and gracious daughter and son-in-law. We love you Lori!

    Dad and Mom T.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori was my summer camp counselor when I was a kid and I totally looked up to her in every way. I still do! Her honesty, open ness, real-ness, sense of humor, and genuine love for God and for others is so catchy! I have only seen Lori a handful of times since then, but I still really look up to her as an example of a Godly wife, mother, and friend and I know I am not the only one who has been so touched by her - Lori, you are great and I'm so thankful to God for you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lori was my summer camp counselor when I was a kid and I totally looked up to her in every way. I still do! Her honesty, open ness, real-ness, sense of humor, and genuine love for God and for others is so catchy! I have only seen Lori a handful of times since then, but I still really look up to her as an example of a Godly wife, mother, and friend and I know I am not the only one who has been so touched by her - Lori, you are great and I'm so thankful to God for you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did I miss this?! I know this is late, and I know others may have mentioned these things, but I have to add ...

    ... even though we haven't been "neighbors" for a couple of years now, I still miss Lori's laugh, her wicked sense of humor, her honesty, her dogged pursuit of sanctification, her kick-butt cooking and ... I miss just being around her regularly. There are some people that I won't ever stop missing, and Lori is one of them!

    Happy belated birthday, friend!

    ReplyDelete