Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Finally Home

After a long week of travel, 7 states, waaaaay too much fast food, much family and friends, we are finally back home.  It is good to be home, I love home...but it is also a bit sad.  It was so much fun to be back in the midwest.  Steve was born in Buffalo Center, Ia.  He mostly grew up in Colorado and then came back to IA for high school.  It's also the town where his dad and both sets of grandparents live and the town where we spent the first year and a half of our marriage.  It's such a sweet little town, compared to the east coast there's nothing quite like it.  The town population is something around 1000 (ohh...I'm so mad, just realized I never got a shot of the population sign going into town.)  In the midwest, each little town has their own population sign, something you never see out here.
Anyway, we had such a great time seeing family that we haven't seen in 5 years.  Poor Claudia was in tears, she did not want to leave Iowa.  As I was putting her to bed the night before we had to leave, she was telling me how much she was struggling and then said, "Mom, I'm trying to remember something that Dr. Suess said, 'Instead of being sad that it is gone, be happy that you had it in the first place'."  She's such a sweetie.

I downloaded my pics today and had 1000!!!  I deleted many of them, but it will certainly take me days  to get them all on here.

This was the first pic that I took in Buffalo Center.  We left PA about 12:30 on Sunday afternoon and arrived about 5:15 the next morning.  The trip took a little less than we thought and it went super well.  







This is Steve's grandma Heitland, his dad's mom.  She is a very sweet woman, it was great to see her again.   She was very happy to finally get to meet Aaron and Greta.




Love these 2, they are so cute!!  (Steve's brother Seth and his girl, Keely)

The BC water tower.  Steve and Seth and the kids walked back from lunch out and I snapped this as they were walking away from us girls.
This little bridge sits outside of Grandma Heitland's house.  It's been there since I can remember.  Wish I would have pulled Greta's shirt out of her diaper first!!

2 comments:

  1. Fun to see the trip. I've been clicking each day wondering if you'd post as you go or wait. I almost didn't check today - then thought - I might miss the first posting, better check. Looks like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're home safe and sound! Sounds like a great trip. Love what your girlie said about Dr. Seuss -- so very true, and man is it something I need to remind myself of! Look forward to seeing more pics of your time out there.

    ReplyDelete