Saturday, August 27, 2011

Happy 3rd, Greta

Yesterday our sweet little G turned 3.  Wow, I think I write this at every child's birthday, but where has the time gone?  I barely remember what life was like before the sweet little black haired baby joined our family.  Greta has been such a joy with her sweet personality and big smile.  She gets much love from every member of our family.
Her birthday was pretty low key.  When she first woke up, she was mad that we kept telling her that it was her birthday (she has been my crabbiest kid upon awakening).  She kept saying, "It's not my birthday and I don't want cakes."  When she was a little happier, I asked her what she wanted to do special for her birthday and she said, "Paint my fingernails."  Anything else?  "No."  Wow, is she easy to please or what??
A few days before her birthday, she got a card in the mail from her Grandpa and Bev Heitland.  We made her wait to open it until the day.  She was VERY excited to open the card and I missed the happiness as I ran and got my camera.  When I got back, Steve was starting to punch out the figurines that were in the card.  Greta did not get that and was VERY upset at daddy for ruining her card.  I love the following pics of her reaction.




A happier moment with her birthday card.

I stopped at the dollar tree and got her a balloon.  Favorite part of her day.

Her presents were very simple, but she loved them all.  


Greta does not like cake (all she does is eat the icing).  So I went for the super easy route and we had Klondike bars!


It's funny, as I look at these pictures, all taken the same day, I realize that Greta had 4 different outfits on!  Who knows if that was even all of them.  She changes her clothes constantly and is a little bit of a fashionista.  We'll see where this goes...

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Miss Greta! THREE .. crazy when you think that means it's been that long since the PC. (Although in some ways it feels even longer than three years that we were in Gaithersburg together.)

    ReplyDelete