Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Upgrade

If you have seen my husband's car in the last 10 years, you know that as soon as he got it, he was in need of an upgrade.  He has gotten much ribbing about his car over the years.  Many nicknames and teasing.  He's been driving a '96 Ford Aspire.  It's a fine little car, but not really build for a man who is 6'2.  The great thing about the car was that he got it really cheap and it got really, really good gas mileage.  He has put tons of miles on that car over the years and we really haven't had to put much money into it.  So, though it's been ugly and small, it's served us well.
This last year the poor little Aspire has gone downhill quickly.  I know nothing about cars, but it made all kinds of weird noises and the last 2 months it's been leaving a lake of oil on the garage floor.  So my dear husband has finally gotten an upgrade.  When we were first dating, he had a cool little Mazda pickup truck.  At the core, my husband really is a pickup kind of guy.  It just suits him.  He was very drawn to them again in thinking about getting another vehicle, but we agreed that it's really not a family vehicle, esp. if there was no extended cab.  I told him maybe he can get his truck when it's time for the next upgrade??
So enter the upgrade.  We have gone with another Toyota, he got an '02 Camry.  It had high miles but seems like it will be a great car for him.
Here's one last look the the Aspire
Not sure how the hood of his car got to look like this

About 2 years ago, I did this little number to the front when I slid on the ice and hit a fence.  Less than a mile from home, mind you.

The Aspire, in all it's full length beauty.

This was Steve driving away the morning he was getting his car.  All the kids came out to say goodbye to it.

Hello, new wheels.

3 comments:

  1. I am going to miss that car. I always viewed the Aspire as Steve's go cart.
    But Lori, I am going to miss seeing you in it the most. Pulling up to a girls outing, cutely dressed and in your heels.
    You deserve the upgrade too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice wheels! (Also, and this is kind of silly, but the corn is sure up and growing across the road! I always love seeing everything that grows through all the seasons over there.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Toyotas! We have an '02 Toyota Echo and an '02 Corolla. They are so reliable. We hope to drive the Echo as long as Steve drove the Aspire!

    ReplyDelete