Monday, October 3, 2011

Rubble

This past weekend, after another big day of rain, the creek by us was crazy flooded.  I have never seen it this bad.  I guess we have had too much rain.  Not only was the water super high but there was so much debris.
We took a break from school one day last week to go down and watch the township guys clean it up.  We had a guest with us. Uncle Jeremy has moved in from Iowa and is staying with us until he gets his own place.  The kids are loving having him here, though they can't seem to understand why he had to spent time looking for a job and then today he actually had to start WORKING!  What a crime that has been to them.
The water is not very high here, but a few days earlier, it was almost up to the white fence at the rear of the photo.

Greta did not want to get out of the back of the truck!!

Enjoying her apples and pb.

A lesson from Uncle Jer in how to skip rocks.

 

1 comment:

  1. I keep forgetting to tell you and Steve about my drive home from you place back during the flooding from tropical storm Lee. I forded the road between your house and the highway, and it was a huge mistake. I thought my car was going to lift off the ground. I did exactly what they say not to do, and it scared me one good lesson. It was just plain foolish, and I wasn't sure I was going to make it home!
    We sure are getting a lot of rain. I can't remember another time in my life we've had so much here. And I think it's cool that you take the time to make memories with your kids. What a great opportunity for real life lessons - science maybe?

    ReplyDelete