Last Sunday, along with our Easter celebration, we had another reason to celebrate. My parents had their 40th anniversary! Being the wonderful daughter that I am, I didn't realize it until the night before. Thankfully my parents aren't ones to want a lot of pomp and circumstance, so I didn't feel too guilty. :) My husband did insist on getting them a nice gift card and he wrote them a sweet card. He is certainly a faithful anniversary celebrator.
I am so grateful for my parents and their commitment to each other and their example to me. There are many things to commend about their marriage, but one that I like the most is that they simply enjoy being together. They do lots of fun things together. What mom likes to do, dad goes along with. And vice versa. Even now, they are at a bluebird conference together. I know that mom could care less about bluebirds, (sorry, Dad) but she went along to be with him. They laugh together, work hard together, and seem to bring out the best in each other.
Happy 40th, Mom and Dad!! Love you both.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I too love these 2 people! They have always been a fun part of my life and one of my closest aunt and uncles. Their hospitality is one that stands out. I have many fond memories of our monthly Sunday lunches and any all the spur of the moment gatherings. I have always felt welcomed and comfortable at their home!
ReplyDeleteTheir love for one another does stand out and it's the sweetest that Aunt Rachel went along to the conference!