Saturday, August 11, 2012

Morgan's birthday party

I have officially survived my second girls overnight 10th birthday party.  Sweet Morgan turns 10 today and we had her party last night/this morning.  Everyone had a great time.
We did things very similar to how we did Claudia's a few years back.  If it ain't broken, it don't need fixed, right?  If I would suggest something different Morgan kept saying, "But this was how Claudia did it..."  Got it.
I'll start by showing off my wonderful handmade cake.  May I again reiterate that when God was handing out cake skills, I got booted to the end of the line.  I don't know why I even try.  I can't even make a normal double layer cake without it looking like a train wreck!  As I was icing it, I had a bit of an angry moment (the stress was mounting from all the work just hours before the party started) and Morgan looked and me and said, "Mom, you just kind of had a temper tantrum."  Yup, sorry.  Next time I have a kid's birthday party coming up and want a pretty cake, can someone please gently remind me to just buy a cake??  At least it tasted ok, red velvet with cream cheese frosting.

I asked Morgan if she wanted me to add sprinkles to it and she said, "No, I like how the flecks of  cake are mixed in with the icing."  Score.

Claudia made this sign for the front door

The girls and I worked very hard all day to get ready for the party.  About an hour before it started, Morgan was so antsy.  She asked me what she could do to distract herself and I told her to sweep the porch.  Happiest sweeper ever.

Birthday girl on the waterside

Little bud getting in on the action



I really enjoy watching the girls' friends with Josiah.  I tell ya, God made girls to love babies.

Friendship bracelet




Blurry, but I loved this little interaction between sisters.  They are getting to be such good friends.




A jump shot with 14 girls was pretty tough.


My dear friend, Kendra, came along to help me for the evening.  What a huge help she was to me!!  Thank you, thank you, Kendra!! 


This morning we went to the creek.  The girls loved it.

Keeping me company while we watched the girls


The daring few


1 comment:

  1. Wow!! 14 girls; you ARE brave!! I love the attack baby sign. And please do NOT buy a cake; what a waste of money when your cakes are delicious and well loved. They don't look as bad as you think either. I've had my disasters and "temper tantrums" too but I keep on making them and it's good for my pride. My earlier years' cakes were better....too much in a hurry now or too lazy to do it right maybe.

    ReplyDelete