For years it has been a dream of Claudia's to be in a play or a musical. It just hasn't worked out, the opportunities that presented itself didn't make sense to our schedule. We knew once she started going to school she would be able to audition there.
We've talked about it over the years and I was never involved in theater and didn't know what skills really are required. I know she can sing well and loves to act, but I didn't want her to be over confident and then be heartbroken.
A few years back Claudia caught the greased pig at the local fair and my good friend from high school said to me, "That girl is so determined. She can do anything she sets her heart on." It stuck with me because I hadn't ever really thought of her in that way. As her mother, I knew she was strong willed and could carry a good argument, but never thought of it in the light of 'determination'.
My dear, sweet, determined girl walked right into that audition and nailed herself a role in Grease!!! She got cast as Patty Simcox.
Though the next few months seem a bit daunting as I look at her practice schedule, I am so happy for her that she gets to do something that she's always dreamed of.

No comments:
Post a Comment