Friday, December 11, 2015

Out of the Mouths...

Jojo can not say his L's and it often leads to some funny stories.  Most words we have figured out by now but every once in awhile he'll say something new with the missing L and it takes us a bit.

This morning we were looking at pictures of him and he says to me:

"Mom, I look like I was oozed in one of those pictures."

Me: "What's oozed?"

Jojo: "You know, like oozed in the woods and no one is with me."

He meant losed, lost.  I read something recently that was talking about the brilliance of children's brains.  It used this example, that often a child will conjugate a past tense verb but not know that the verb breaks the rules of conjugation.  So the past tense of lose is lost.  But Josiah knows that past tense is -ed... so it's losed.  Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment