Saturday, December 26, 2015

When it rains...

it pours.  It's still pouring here.  We thought we were almost through our house repairs with the demo and repair required from our living room/crawl space drama.  We had to purchase new flooring for the living room and while we were at it we got some flooring for our basement.  The walls and ceiling have been finished down there for years but the floor has been concrete with some old carpet on top.

As Steve was laying the basement flooring (we got a beautiful laminate that looks very similar to our wood floor upstairs), he had to rip some boards off the one wall.  In process of that we discovered that we had a significant infestation of...wait for it...termites.

We are a couple of weeks into the termite drama now.  We have a reputable exterminator on the job and as of today have done all the demo needed.  We are tired.  It's been a long couple of months with our house in disarray and all the extra work required from the repairs.  Steve is working, working, working and I am cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.  I think mold/rot/termite repair might be better than a gym membership.

I have no photos of this process right now.  Why would I?  It's gross and nasty and it's hard to believe this is our house.  Hopefully soon I can post a picture of my lovely completed basement.

Instead I will post some pictures of my beautiful kids.  I've really been wrestling though all this house drama.  It's been surprisingly emotional for me and also stirring up some fears.  I keep reminding myself that it's just a house.  I keep coming back to being grateful, especially for my husband and our precious kids.  We love them so.  They have been troopers though all the drama as well.  Sweet little Jojo still prays that daddy would fix the mold.

I took these pictures of the kids back in October on our trip to Massanutten.













No comments:

Post a Comment