Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bribery

Our family has a love hate relationship with pacifiers. We love them when they are babies, but oh, the agony of getting rid of them. Aaron is going to be 3 in a few weeks and we knew we had to just bite the bullet and be done with the crazy thing. Steve told Aaron that he was going to take him to the local hardware store and buy him a tractor but he had to take his binkys along and throw them in the garbage before he got the tractor. Aaron thought it was a great idea. Things went well... until he woke up from his first nap, he had a fit that he wanted them back. Last night I thought for sure he would wake up in the middle of the night screaming for one. This morning I was shocked to hear him and Greta in there playing like they normally do. I finally go into their room and he's laying there sucking on his crazy paci. I said, "Where did you get that??" He said he found it under his bed, daddy forgot one! Crazy kid. I don't know if he found it last night before bed or this morning. I think it's funny that he went looking for one. Today's nap and bed time have so far gone with out a hitch so hopefully this will be a fairly painless process.

Not exactly a snuggly thing, but he sure loves his new tractor


2 comments:

  1. he was sure xcited bout the tractor when i talked to hin on monday, glad to c its a green tractor, they r made rite here in IA u know,

    gpa H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daddy doesn't fool around choosing a tractor. That is one big great looking tractor.
    I am so glad it's going well! I guess he was ready!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete