Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Flooring

I can hardly contain my excitement over our newest home improvement. For 2 months now this has been my kitchen floor:


We had a decent floor that my parents installed almost 7 years ago. It was pergo and it served us well. We had to rip it out to get some continuity with the new and the old parts. So under the pergo was this plywood sub-floor that was so nasty.


The past few evenings, Steve has begun installing our new hardwood floor. I am in love with it!


The pics make this wood look a little redish but it is not. It's more of a dark brown.

3 comments:

  1. Aaaahh, new flooring.....one of the best things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am going to have to deal with the temptation to get very jealous. Absolutely beautiful...my dream kitchen floor...actually I think I would like it in more areas than my kitchen. Jack has always liked hard wood floors and I've come around in recent years, but it is still just a dream. I am very happy for you. It reminds me of the Randolphs' floor but I think their's may be soft wood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! It is so nice. Good hard work Steve!

    ReplyDelete