Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Anniversary

Yesterday Steve and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary.  It's hard to believe that time has flown so quickly.  I am so fortunate to have married such a wonderful man; he is committed to me, to our kids, and to God.  He is generous, humble, kindhearted, and an extremely hard worker.  Love you, dear.

What a thrill to have an anniversary away.  We've been wanting to do that for years and it just hasn't worked out schedule wise.  This year did not disappoint and we were able to spend 3 days in New Haven, Connecticut.  The weather was perfect and the company was superb.  We rode Amtrack from Lancaster to New Haven.  It was a fun and relaxing way to travel.

Our first day was mostly travel and we spent the evening going out for supper, a movie, and to bed early for these old farts.

Steve at the Lancaster train station.  He hates getting his pic taken but cooperated nicely for this one.

We had about an hour layover in New York City.  It's such an amazing place.  Had to take a shot to prove we were there.


The next day we walked to the beach.  It was a looooooong walk, I wish I could know how many miles we did. (Didn't want to pay for a taxi!!)  It was fun to see a different part of the Atlantic.  Definitely not the shore and crashing waves like I'm used to but oh-so-gorgeous!  It's amazing what being near the beach does for me.  My blood pumps a little faster and I feel so at home.  I just love the beach!

The water was COLD!

Some pretty wildflowers around our hotel

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures and so glad you could get away together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated anniversary! So glad you were able to get away. Also, wanted to tell you that, if possible, your photography is getting even BETTER. I've always admired it a lot, but the last handful of sets I've seen have been really really nice. When are you opening up for business?? =)

    ReplyDelete