Sunday, September 4, 2011

Birthday Party

I mentioned in an earlier post that Claudia turned 11 on Friday.  We had my parents over to celebrate with Claudia's choice of meal.  Her pick was steak on the grill, mashed potatoes, green beans, and strawberry spinach salad.  I forgot the stuff for the salad so we stuck with a caesar.
Yes, I misspelled Decorator and had to fix it.

Our leftovers and centerpiece

My sweet girl.  
 It had been so long since we got together with my parents, we did all the girls b-day gifts from them that night.  My mom gave Morgan a card that said that they have arranged for her to spend an hour at a horse stable, taking care of and riding the horse.  She could not read my mom's cursive and handed the card over to be read to her.  I love the series of photos that show her reaction to it.
Mom, don't you love how I just caught the tip of your nose on this one??










Claudia's rxn to her Target gift card.

Claudia has been wanting a Guinness Book of World Records and was thrilled with it.


New Converse.  

My mom gave Greta 2 new outfits for her birthday.  Mom felt bad that she didn't get her a toy.  I told her to trust me, Greta like clothes more than toys!!

Claudia has followed in her daddy's footsteps and requested Oreo ice cream dessert instead of b-day cake.  But for the sake of clarity...who do you think claimed almost ALL of the leftovers as their own??  (Hint: it wasn't Claudia)

1 comment:

  1. I love these peeks at your family life, but sometimes I feel like I'm snooping. I'm so excited for you that you have this record of your kids growing up days....I guess I'm old enough that I think things like: What if this blog site crashes and you lose all this? Can you print it out and make a book? I guess that would cost a fortune. Or get it on a CD or something? It is a wonderful "diary" of life in your home.

    ReplyDelete