It's been a bit of a crazy week around here. The weather has been...damaging to say the least. Tons and tons of rain. We came out of it completely dry, so thankful that we do not get water in our house.
Steve and I were actually gone this week. It was our pastors and wives retreat. Whoo-hoo! One of my favorite events of the year. We get 3 whole days together: laughing, eating, relaxing, and lots and lots of talking. I love our team, they has been such a blessing to Steve and I. A visiting pastor recently said that our pastoral team has a "scandalous" amount of fun together. It's so true. But not only do we have lots of fun, we benefit so much from the insight and wisdom they bring into our lives. I am so grateful God has us here. I did not bring my camera along so this is the only shot I have from our time together, taken with someone's iPhone. Ok, it's super blurry b/c I stole it from the church blog. Oh well, you get the point!
So while we were at Ocean City, NJ, enjoying the sunny weather, back home was getting hammered. My uncle sent us a picture that he took of the road in front of our house. It was a river. Literally. Kind of bummed that we missed all the action but grateful that everyone came out ok.

No comments:
Post a Comment