I have this ongoing conversation with a few friends about our laundry strategy. Most people I know seem to like to do a load or 2 a day to stay on top of it. I personally don't like that b/c then I feel like I am always doing laundry, always putting it away, etc. I prefer to have a laundry day in which I do 6-8 loads in one day. Days like this certainly have me rethinking that strategy! This pile is way deeper than it looks. It goes the whole way to the back of the closet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Lori, I have the same plan and concept as you! Tuesdays are my laundry day. I am not great at putting the kids clothes away, but they have their own baskets and I know where to find clothes when needed.
ReplyDeleteI too, second guess my routine when I have a huge pile downstairs, but then I get overwhelmed thinking of having to do laundry everyday.
It's not not my favorite "chore" (If mom duties are called chores) so why do it everyday. :-)
I'm telling ya, have them all put their own laundry away. (If it weren't for the folding and putting away, laundry would be my favorite chore). A load of laundry every day is just like a load of dishes every day. Just part of the routine. Does Claudia help with laundry yet? I've recently started teaching Teya and she loves to help.
ReplyDeleteDo you have any tips on how to keep 3 bathrooms clean at all times? My bathrooms are always awful. Ugh.
i do what you do! ;) usually my 7-8 loads- (i do market aprons/rags etc as well) but usually it goes into the next day...but 2 days of laundry a week verses every day sounds much better to me!
ReplyDeleteplus i wonder- if i would do a load every day would they be full loads?? cause when i do it all at once, i have 1 load of towels, 1 load of darks, 1 load of lights, etc. etc. & they are full. if i did 1 load a day...would i mix it all up???? seems like i'd use more detergent & water if i was doing smaller loads but more often?? not sure.
Just for the sake of discussion:
ReplyDeleteI'm one of the bizarre ones who does a load a day. It's always a full load and I use very little detergent (I even make my own detergent). If I waited to do my laundry only once a week, I'd have a mountain of moldy clothes.
I enjoy doing laundry - but maybe I enjoy it because I never have an overwhelming amount of it?
On the other hand....I despise washing dishes and almost always have dirty pans in the sink and dirty dishes on the counter....sigh....