Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Brave Girl

Today this sweet little girl had to get her immunizations updated.  I was nervous going into the appointment, she didn't know it was coming.  She was cheerful and happy through the whole check up.  When the doc left and we were waiting for the nurse to come back with the needles, I whispered to Greta that she would need to get 2 shots.  I could tell she was scared but she did amazing.  She sat there perfectly still and even said it didn't hurt!  Not even any tears for my brave little thing.



It's funny because I have very distinct memories of the 5 year old shot appointment with all my other ones.  Claudia was brave, had small tears through it.  Morgan was brave, small tears when it was over.  Her little lip turned up and she said, "Mom, that hurt."  Aaron was in a league of his own.  Another wise and loving parent who will remain unnamed thought it would be best to prepare his son ahead of time so he knew going into it that he would be getting shots.  When the time came he flipped out so bad I think the walls of the doctor's office were rattling.  I was super pregnant with Josiah and needed another nurse to help hold him down!!  He even threw up on the way home he was so worked up!!!  Aaron laughs about it now, today he was telling the nurse how bad he cried when he got his shots.

Glad it's over, glad for a good day at the doc!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha...I'm laughing out loud about Aaron. Glad he can laugh now. That's so good about Greta. I remember when all of my kids got shots right in a row. For some reason, the nurse lined them all up and had them standing. John started leaning my way, and I kind of gently pushed him back thinking he was being silly. He was fainting!! So he fell the other way! Great mom. I am reading through some of your old posts....it's always interesting and sweet. I'm not taking time to comment all the way through but just wanted you to know I"m enjoying hearing about your kids and your life. It is inspirational. I also appreciated your recent post on the CCL blog...about "I didn't mean to....." That was good. :) And as always, love your photography!

    ReplyDelete