Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Ugh...

Last weekend I was doing pictures for a family.  I took them to a spot just down the road from us that I have used many times before.  As we were shooting I saw a woman walking towards us.  I assumed she was being friendly and I greeted her with a cheerful, "Hello!"  Her response was:

"So, did I miss you knocking on my door to ask permission to be in my field?"

Me: Stunned silence.  I may have squeaked out an "Um....."

Lady: "So do you have permission to be in my field?"

Me: "No, we do not."

Lady: "So you are leaving now?"

Me: "Yes, we are leaving."

And we hightailed it out of there as soon as we could!!  I was so stunned, flustered, embarrassed.  It honestly never occurred to ask someone for permission to take pictures in their field.  I understand if it is someone's house or yard.  A field?  How do I even know who a field belongs to?  Guess I am a little too naive.  And it also looks like I need to rethink some of my locations that I shoot at!

I took this picture just before the lady came.  How cute are they??

No comments:

Post a Comment